I am so not a morning person. I managed to drag my butt out of bed this morning and make it to work on time, but on the way to work, I figured out that the lid to my tea mug had not been properly cleaned, so it smelled like sour milk. My choices were to hold my breath while taking each sip or removing the lid, which could have been an issue since, for some reason, I chose the bumpier of two routes to work.
After a couple of sips, the thought of the smell of the lid was freaking me out, even though I could see that the sour smell was coming from a part of the lid that wasn’t touching my tea. So I took the lid off. Somehow I made it to work without spilling all over myself. So thank you to my fellow drivers on the freeway this morning. I appreciate the fact that, for once, you made no random lane changes, did not brake for no discernible reason or come up on my rear bumper at 90 mph only to hover right on my butt even though every other lane on the freeway was wide open. Apparently it’s going to be a good day.
Going a little stir crazy. Came up with some ideas for things to do as it gets warmer:
1. Put together a picnic and head to the zoo. You can either make your own meal or get an order to go from your fave restaurant. Pick a table at the zoo and enjoy the environment as well as each others’ company.
2. Take some cookies or other treats to a retirement home and ask the residents to share their favorite memories of springtime or of when they were in school. That way you can brighten someone else’s day, too.
3. For another outdoorsy idea, pack your favorite treats and head to the park or somewhere with a great view to watch the sunset. Or, if you’re an early riser, pack breakfast stuff like coffee or hot chocolate and homemade muffins and watch the sun rise together.
4. Go to a local garden shop and check out all the cool flowers. If you’re really in the mood, buy some and brighten up your yard.
5. Come up with a treasure hunt for your kids or your significant other. Make eight or ten cards with instructions and have a treat, dinner, or something fun at the end. You can do a small one in your house or apartment or you can spread it out and leave cards at spots around your neighborhood and enjoy the spring weather at the same time.
So my cocker mix, Louie, was scootching around on the floor the other day and we have had problems before with his anal sacs/glands getting infected. The last time, it blew up. Yes, his butt blew up. He was on painkillers for a few days and was fine. This time, we caught it before it blew up and took him to the vet. The vet actually put Louie under anesthetic to cut open the gland, clean it out, and then cauterize it. (I know. I feel bad, too.)
To make things worse for poor Louie, his teeth were due for cleaning and since anesthetic is the worst part of that process for a dog, the vet cleaned his teeth, too. So Louie woke up to find he’d been violated at both ends.
Now Louie is taking antibiotics and pain killers. And Spike, the shih-tzu mix, takes Benadryl because he has allergies. Well, I guess he’s given Benadryl since he can’t read the medicine cabinet. Spike has gotten quite good at getting the pill loose from the cream cheese or whatever we give it to him in, so we have to make sure we don’t find the pill later on the floor. And the terrier mix, Maddie, has had back problems before, so she’s had pills previously, too. So everyone lines up when I open the cabinet where their pills are and I give Louie his pills wrapped in cream cheese and Maddie gets some cream cheese with no pill because she was traumatized getting shots and stuff (placebo effect) and Spike gets his Benadryl.
My daughter went to take her vitamin this morning. They’re in the same cabinet…she turned around and all three puppies were lined up and waiting. I have a house full of tiny crack whores.
My daughter just gave two of our three dogs a bath. I can’t talk her into giving Maddie, our terrier mix, a bath. She says Maddie will try to eat her face. Since Maddie only weighs 16 pounds, I don’t think that’s possible. That being said, she did bathe two of the three furballs, so I guess I should do my share. Must go be productive for a bit before I try to figure out the many WordPress settings I don’t understand…